Representing Clients Suffering From Paraplegia And Quadriplegia

Injuries to the spinal cord can range from a numbing sensation to the complete loss of mobility. If you or a loved one has suffered paralysis following a serious car or motorcycle accident, it is imperative that you discuss the matter with a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

With significant experience representing injured clients, the lawyers at Cross Border Law understand the life challenges you are facing. Paralysis can be a frustrating and frightening diagnosis. The impact of this injury can be devastating – both emotionally and financially – to your entire family. Whether you are paraplegic or quadriplegic as a result of your accident, your injury claims are crucial. Let us guide you through the legal process.

The main difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia lies in the severity of the resulting paralysis.

  • Paraplegia: Paraplegia is the form of paralysis that affects the legs. An individual can suffer the loss of sensation or movement of the legs based on the degree of damage to the spinal cord. Individuals might suffer paralysis in one leg, rather than both. This is referred to as monoplegia.
  • Quadriplegia: Also referred to as tetraplegia, is a spinal cord injury that affects the arms, legs and trunk of the body. Typically, quadriplegia is the result when the injury occurs higher up on the spinal cord – often in the neck region or cervical spine. Since quadriplegia often affects certain organs – such as the lungs – individuals will likely require medical assistance far and above the use of special wheelchairs to get from place to place.

Spinal cord injuries can be considered complete or incomplete. Incomplete or partial paralysis means that some form of sensation or motor control still exists below the neurological level of the injury. No matter the severity of your injury or the complexity of your diagnosis, a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can explain your legal options for monetary recovery.

Schedule a consultation at our Vancouver, British Columbia, or Seattle, Washington, offices. Our firm can be reached by phone or through our convenient online contact form.


For many people, contacting a lawyer can seem like an intimidating task. At Cross Border Law, we make every effort to be approachable and personable. We understand the stress and worry that injured individuals face.
Call or email either of our offices to schedule a free consultation.

Bold labels are required.


Our Vancouver office is located just five minutes from downtown, near Granville Island.

Vancouver Office

Suite 204-1730 West 2nd Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1H6
Toll Free: 800-222-6332
Phone: 604-742-4242
Fax: 604-742-4243
Directions to Cross Border Law


The Seattle office is located just 10 minutes from downtown, in the Magnolia Neighborhood.

Seattle Office

3214 W. McGraw Street
Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98199
Phone: 206-858-9990
Fax: 206-858-9991
Directions to Cross Border Law

© 2016 by Cross Border Law. All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Site Map Privacy Policy