WHETHER YOU WERE INJURED IN CANADA OR THE US, OUR FIRM CAN REPRESENT YOU.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Representing Numerous Types Of Injuries
Depending on the type of collision and the different vehicles involved, individuals might suffer a wide range of injuries. At Cross Border Law, our team of dedicated professionals is prepared to provide representation through negotiations with the insurance carriers or in a trial setting if necessary.
We have been called upon to represent injured clients in both Vancouver, British Columbia, and Seattle, Washington. Our legal skill and thorough understanding of personal injury law in both countries are direct benefits to those seeking the full and fair monetary compensation available for their injuries. Common claims can include:
- Fatal accidents: If you have lost a loved one in an accident, you might be entitled to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
- Head and brain injuries: Whether the injuries are closed or open, you can suffer consequences such as dizziness, blurred vision or loss of cognitive ability.
- Mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI): The symptoms of an MTBI can be devastating, including loss of executive functioning, loss of the ability to multitask, word finding difficulties and profound personality changes.
- Cervical sprain: The mechanism of acceleration-deceleration between colliding vehicles can injure the spine and neck by spraining and straining the soft tissues, requiring massage, physiotherapy and exercise.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Whether it is the muscles of the back, the vertebrae or the spinal column, back injuries can have a lasting effect.
- Paralysis: Paraplegia or quadriplegia will force an individual to adapt to a completely new way of life.
- Chronic pain: Individuals who suffer from chronic pain will find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on daily tasks.
By working with an international stable of the top medical experts, our clients benefit both legally and medically. We work with the very best specialists who are accustomed to reviewing complex medical cases and testifying about them in court, and we seek out these professionals wherever they live or work. We have retained medical and engineering experts from as far away as Manchester, England, Hamilton, Ontario, and Los Angeles, California. We work with experts in such fields as Neuro-trauma and Neuro-pharmacology, Neuropsychology, Rheumatology, Orthopedics, Physiatry, Psychiatry and Chronic Pain Specialists. We also employ the very best Occupational Therapists to conduct Life Care Plans and Functional Capacity Evaluations. We typically hire accident engineers and economists in Vancouver, BC, Bellingham and Seattle.
Personal injury cases can be quickly complicated if a U.S. citizen, for example, is injured while visiting Canada. The converse is also true. It is wise to consider this when selecting the lawyer to represent your case. For international injury claims, contact Cross Border Law by phone or through email.